Kenton set a new record in Spring 2022
On 15th May 2022, Kenton Cool successfully reached the summit of Mount Everest for a record-breaking 16th time!
This achievement is a non-sherpa record and confirms Kenton’s status as ‘the Everest leader’. Kenton reported that conditions were some of the best he had ever experienced on his final summit push, with a full moon, a sky full of stars and low winds. Kenton and his client, fitness entrepreneur Rebecca Louise, summited with their Sherpa team at 4.30am just as the sun was rising.
The press picked up the story and he was featured on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, The Times, The Telegraph, LBC and more. Click the button below to view some of the coverage.
Kenton is one of the world’s leading high altitude mountaineers having achieved:
- 16 summits of Mt Everest.
- An unrepeated Everest Triple Crown
- The first British guided ascent of K2
- Numerous new climbing routes and first ascents in Alaska, India and the European Alps
Photo credit: Elia Saikaly
“To climb Everest once was a trial - to climb it 16 times is heroic” Ben Fogle
Brand campaign accomplishments:
- Partnered with Samsung to send the world’s highest Tweet from Everest summit (ranked in Top Ten Tweets in the world)
- Samsung supported campaign to place a British Olympic Gold Medal on Everest summit to kick-off London Olympics
- Global brand ambassador for Jaguar Land Rover – launched the new Defender in Kazakhstan
A stunning view from the summit of Everest, with the shadow of Everest clear to see as the sun rises.